Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the best digital marketing techniques to boost your content over the web. Performing an SEO analysis of your website gives you deep insights into the areas that may need improvement. Therefore, it’s important to know the ins and outs of planning and implementing a successful SEO analysis starting with a deep-drive SEO audit.
What is an SEO analysis?
An SEO analysis is also known as an SEO audit. SEO analysis is where you examine your website and gain a better understanding on how well your site has been optimized and what to do to improve it.
Why is an SEO analysis important?
An SEO analysis can help you figure out where you can improve your site content and technical features to give users a better experience and to show search engines context and relationship between your content and the search query visitors are using.
Analyzing a website’s SEO basically involves evaluating on-page and off-page factors. One should try doing this to discover ideas to rank new content and web pages through site auditing and backlink analysis. It’s important to continuously improve website traffic, achieving your business objectives, growth goals and strategic decision for improvement.
One should perform SEO analysis through framework of satisfying search bots and algorithmic updates. Constant algorithmic changes from Google can affect your site’s ranking, site auditing helps you to stay up to date.
How to do an SEO analysis of a website
On page SEO: Refers to the process of optimizing one webpage to rank higher on search engine results pages in order to gain traffic includes activities like structural issues, the HTML source code, the page architecture and meta-tags.
Off page SEO: Refers to potential action or techniques that are taken outside of your own website. This includes internal link building, guest hosting social media marketing etc.
Technical SEO: Improving the technical aspects of a website in order to increase ranking of its pages in the search engines. It also includes mobile optimization.
Here are some of the things to check when doing an SEO analysis
- Analyze titles and headings: Titles should be attention-grabbing and encourage users to click on them. One should ensure that you are using the proper SEO keywords for your page. High search volume keywords usually have high competition, so it’s difficult to rank for them. So try to find a long-tail keyword that is a little less competitive and will improve your chances of showing up on the first page of SERP.
- Audit your images: Images are important in your website because they are attractive and easier to consume for the visitors. It is important to optimize your images with proper text to describe the appearance and function of that image. Search engine crawlers can’t crawl images, so you must have an appropriate title, the title should best describe what the images contains. One should also compress the images to reduce their size which can help improve load speed.
- Analyzing your website content: Content is a vital part of SEO because you need to consider when checking the SEO of your website. One should ensure the content is unique, high quality and with no errors and also make sure to optimize keywords positioning and on-page errors.
- Check for broken links: Broken links can cause a terrible experience for users visiting your website. Broken links can be fixed by confirming appropriate spelling or performing a 301 redirect to a different but still valid URL’S removing broken links can help make your website more user friendly.
- Evaluate incoming links: inbound links also known as incoming or backlinks are hyperlinked links to your site from another site. You should also check inbound links to your website and even those of your competitor’s website. This can give you an idea of how much work needs to be done to improve your rankings. It’s important to analyze a site’s incoming links /backlink profile to make sure it’s not receiving too many low-quality links like spam or negative SEO attacks.
- Check your page speed: Analyzing the loading speed of your website is an important factor that one should take into account. Your page speed can influence your website’s SEO and user experience. One should monitor it at regular basis to ensure that it is running well and efficiently. You can test you page speed from page speed insights tool by Google.
SEO analysis is a must for every website and it should be done at regular intervals. One should know whether their efforts are working if you see an increase in organic and overall traffic. If you re-run your website audit you should receive fewer issues and a higher ‘health’ score.