Site speed is now a google ranking factor for both tablets, desktops and mobile sites. If you don’t maintain a good website performance, your site’s visibility on search engine results pages (SERPS) may decrease, which leads to lower traffic.
Here are some of the reasons for a slow loading website:
Too many HTTP’S request
- Reduce HTTP request by use of sprites.
Too many Ads
When it comes to ads, they are a great way to monetize your site but at times makes your site load slowly. Not only do ads increase you page load time, but they’re also annoying to viewers. Having too many ads means having additional HTTP’s requests, which would need additional processing time. The only solution is to limit the number of ads on your site which will ensure better performance and still generate revenue.
- Only use them where you need to improve performance, UX CTR’s to your ads.
- Reduce third party advertisers.
Lack of using CDN service
- One should sign up for service company like Cloudflare which makes your website more accessible for streamlining its delivery to users.
- Use asynchronous loading.
- Consider using google tag manger or segment.
No cache installed
Most sites should embrace the caching technique in their sites. Caching improves the performance of websites by keeping frequently used data in its cache memory.
- Try to cache every data from static content and images.
- Install a plugin called WP rocket which is one of the best cache plugins when it comes to WordPress (only if you use WordPress for your site).
One should know that the following factors contribute to a slow speed in your website. So you should avoid such factors in order to improve on your website loading speed and as a results you will have good performance , good rankings and also generate revenue as well.